Best of 2018 in my music related photography
My personal concerts, festivals and artist portraits favourites of the year 2018
And we’re here again! Another end of December, another annual recapitulation of the past year and my personal favourites from concerts, festivals and artist portraits from the past 12 months :)
And like I usually do, I’ll just list few photographic highlights that made this 2018 so awesome:
- Few months ago I moved my office into new spaces which also host my first photographic studio — although small, it’s got personality, and as we know, personality goes a long way :) For me, that was the best move in a long long time, for many, many reasons — if not just for the studio space, then for the great vibe and company of my two office sharing friends :) Oh, did I mentioned an amazing coffee machine and a pool table? :)
- All concerts, festivals and portrait sessions were special and one of a kind, as always, but I would have to pinpoint few most memorable ones I’d say to has to be photographing MENT festival in Ljubljana, Slovenia and discovering many great bands there, working with legendary Magnifico on the concert in Maribor, Slovenia, working as an official photographer at Festival Lent in Maribor, Slovenia, for the sixth year in a row, and working for the first time at theatre festival Human Mosaic 2018 in Goleniów, Poland, shooting 3 days tour in Zagreb, Croatia of the Serbian band Repetitor, working two days with one of the best known Slovenian music group that is also well known outside Slovenia, the Perpetuum Jazzile, on their biggest show this year, plus all of the portrait sessions this year with the special spotlight to one of mine best Slovenian bands, Koala Voice.
- Besides my usual and great clients, this year brought some new ones — for both I’ve been extremely grateful!
- As plans for the 2019 are already in order, I know that next year will bring many amazing adventures, collaborations and opportunities, so looking really forward to this! And if all goes well, this website will also shine a new light ;)
In the end, as the tradition goes (already for the 8th time since I’ve started my website!), I'm posting some of my favourite concert, festival and musical portraits shots of the year 2018, in no particular order — hope you enjoy them!
Also, not to forget — I sincerely wish to thank all the artists, bands, managers, light designers, sound engineers and stage technicians who made this possible! Thank you all for your support, stay well & see you in 2019! ;)
Aleš Tonaj (Stari pes) @ Plavajoči oder na Dravi (Floating stage on river Drava), Maribor (Slovenia), 2018 Photo: © Saša Huzjak
Ana-Marija Cupin (Repetitor) doing backstage pre-show yoga @ Vintage Industrial Bar, Zagreb (Croatia), 2018 Photo: © Saša Huzjak
Tomislav Jovanović - Tokac (Dan D) @ Dan Ljubezni, Slovenska Bistrica (Slovenia), 2018 Photo: © Saša Huzjak
Used gear (for photo geeks):
- Nikon D800
- Nikon D750
- Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED
- Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II
- Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED
- Sigma 15mm f/2.8 EX DG Diagonal Fisheye
- Sigma 85mm f/1.4 DG HSM Art
- Sony DSC-RX100M5
- Vanguard Alta Access 28x
- Think Tank Retrospective 30 Shoulder Bag
- Lowepro ProTactic 450 AW
Must not be used without explicit permission.
If you would like to license any of my photographs to use either online or offline, order a fine art print of your favorite photograph or hire me to shoot your band or event please contact me.