Concert photographer, web designer & developer, travel junkie, music & movie fan. Not always necessarily in that order.
Born in 1977 in Koprivnica (Croatia), currently living and working in Maribor (Slovenia). I'm self employed, working as a designer / web developer during the day, photographing the concerts during the night. Of course, that's not completely true - there are music festivals that start during the day, on the one hand, and on the other, there are work deadlines to meet which includes sleepless working nights.
I'm interested in many types of photography (theatre, street, travel, journalistic...), but for the last few years, I've been concentrated mainly on music, especially concert (live performance) photography. I started probably as most music photographers do - because of the pure love for the music. I’m mostly shooting for Croatian online music magazine terapija.net, which I'm one of the founders.
Besides being a regular contributor to Croatian terapija.net online magazine and Slovenian weekly magazine "Mladina", my photos have been published in different magazines like "Professional photographer" (UK), "Practical photography" (UK), "Black & White Photography" (UK), "Glas Istre" (Croatia), "ReFoto" (Serbia), "Digitalna kamera" (Slovenia) and "FotoMag" (Croatia), among others. They have also been published on official websites, different CD and DVD covers, books, posters and promotional materials of different artists, bands and institutions. They were also exhibited in few different international photographic group exhibitions and have been awarded in few different photo salons and competitions (recently, photographs from my project "Lost in music" won the 2nd place in "Advertising : Music NON-PRO" at the International Photography Awards 2011).
I have been lucky to photograph performances from a wide range of artists - from the festivals shows of the legends of rock'n'roll, to the club performances of local demo bends. From r'n'r and indie to jazz and classic. You can check some of my work in the portfolio or in the events archive section.
Selected awards and exhibitions
- "Desert caravan" - Professional Photographer of the Year 2012 (PPOTY 2012) finalist, Travel category, "Bodies in Urban Spaces" - Top 20 in the Street category
- "Bodies in Urban Spaces" - commended image at 2013 Sony World Photography Awards
- "100 naj", the best photos from competition on the occasion of the 100th issue of the ReFoto magazine, group photography exhibition, Artget Gallery, Belgrade, Serbia
- Virtuozi plesa (Virtuosos of dance), solo exhibition, University of Maribor library, Maribor (Slovenia)
- 1st place in "Advertising : Music NON-PRO" at the International Photography Awards 2012
- "The Moving Gallery", group photography exhibition choreographed by Ragnhild Olsen with young dancers from Slovenia and Croatia, Front@, Murska Sobota (Slovenia)
- "Foto terapija u Tvornici", concert photography group exhibition, Tvornica Kulture (Culture Factory), Zagreb
- "It's not only rock'n'roll (but I like it)", solo exhibition, part of DORF off-program, Molekula, Rijeka (Croatia)
- "Foto terapija", concert photography group exhibition (accompanying program to 11th birthday celebration of online magazine terapija.net), AKC Medika, Zagreb, Croatia
- "Monochrome world", the best photos from the annual competition for ReFoto Magazine, group photography exhibition, Artget Gallery, Belgrade, Serbia
- "Moje mesto - bodoča evropska prestolnica kulture" , group photography exhibition, University of Maribor library, Maribor (Slovenia); my photo "Chris Lightcap's Jazz Lent" was awarded 2nd place
- My photograph "Thank you" published in the book "Beyond" (1x.com Yearbook 2011)
- 2nd place in "Advertising : Music NON-PRO" at the International Photography Awards 2011
- 1st Concorso Fotografico Internazionale Fondazione Zoé // Zoe Foundation International Photographic Contest "Respirando (Breathing)", Italy
- 13th International Triennial Exhibition "Theatre in Photographic Art", Serbia
- Group photography exhibition of photo magazine ReFoto at Photodays festival in Rovinj, Croatia
- International Exhibition of Digital Photography (in memory of George Lanitis and Georges der Parthogh), Cyprus, where my photo "Thank you" was chosen as one of the best photos in Photojournalism category
Usage & future work
Stay in touch
You can subscribe to my RSS feed for the latest updates in the news & new photos section, or connect with me through some of the popular social networking sites.
The website specs
Design, development, implementation and hosting of this website was done by my company Plastikfantastik, with content management system (CMS), probably one of the greatest systems out there, Bananadmin.
If you would like a website for you or your company, don't hesitate to contact us at Plastikfantastik! If you're an (music) artist or working in any area of culture, you're in for the discount - it's just our way of supporting the things that we care about... Click here to check out our websites portfolio.
- Loading tweets...